Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

So, here's typically how things work at the Lux household...

*two weeks before Memorial Day*

Me: "Austin, I took 4 days off for Memorial Day. Sara and Tony are going to Sand Hollow and I think it would be really fun to go too."

Austin: "We'll see. Let's sit down in a couple of days and plan it out."

Me: "Okay."

*1 week before Memorial Day*

Me: "Hey Austin, I really want to plan something for Memorial Day weekend. Remember I took 4 days off and I would love to get out of town. Let's call Tony and Sara and see what the plan is for Sand Hollow. I think that would be perfect."

Austin: "Okay, we'll see. I'll try to talk to Tony and see what the plan is."

*5 days before Memorial Day weekend*

Me: "So, are we going to do something for Memorial Day weekend? Or just stay around here. Because I might as well work if we're sticking around."

Austin: *no reply, working on computer.*

Me: *throwing my hands up in exasperration*

*2 days till Memorial Day Weekend*

Austin: "Hey Rachel, Tony and Sara are going to Sand Hollow this weekend, I think we should go."

Me: "What a great idea." *rolling my eyes*

Even though I seem to be invisible, (Austin calls it "selective hearing") Austin came through and planned out a really fun weekend. We ended up driving down with our friends Ross, Trish and baby Cole. We stopped at Zion's Natl. Park on the way down and hiked around until it got dark. Then, we stayed in St George and went to Sand Hollow with Tony Sara on Saturday. We had so much fun and soaked up plenty of sun. We headed down to Las Vegas for Sunday where we went to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay and hit the Criss Angel show that night. P.S. Don't bother with Criss Angel's show, it was disappointing to say the least. All in all it was a fabulous weekend!





















1 comment:

Amanda&Wade said...

HAHA! your story at the beginning is SO US! Love it, looks like you guys had fun!