Thursday, January 15, 2009

A New Fertility Update

I just wanted to write a quick update, since a lot has happened. A few short months ago, things felt and seemed pretty hopeless. Then, I went to a doctor appointment with Austin and we got the best news!!! I couldn't believe it. I am usually pretty optimistic, but I had let everything get to me and was expecting the worst. All of a sudden I could see a light at the end of the tunnel! So, I scheduled my surgery, and as some of you know, already had it about a week ago. It's been a somewhat rough recovery. (I kinda expected to be jumping around, back at work and the gym a few days later...that didn't happen.) However, it's been totally worth it. The prognosis is good and there is nothing left to do but get our baby makin' on!!! Ha ha, so wish us luck and keep your fingers crossed.

I also wanted to thank my sisters, mom, my whole family really, for helping me when I've needed it and for the meals and comfy pajamas. You guys are the best! Another thanks to neighbors and friends for the food, presents and flowers. You all keep me going and remind me how blessed I am!

7 comments:

Dan & Casey Ritter said...

Love ya Rachel! I'm so happy for you. Oh and remember practice makes perfect. hehe xoxo

Amanda&Wade said...

Good LUCK!! GET IT ON NOW!! hahaha! I love you, I'm positive in a few months you will be preggers with me and how AWESOME will that be!? So fun!!

Adam and Dani said...

Hey Rachel-

It's Dani Flegal from the old neighborhood. I totally understand where you are coming from and my thoughts and prayers are with you. The hubby and I have been struggling with it for about 4 years now. I go in for my surgery in a few weeks so one can only hope for the best! Good luck to you guys!

Robyn said...

Oh Rachel, Im so happy for you, I hope everything works out! Keep us updated!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Rach I am praying for you. I am glad to hear the surgery went well. Sure love you. I love how similar our lives have been. I love knowing there is someone out there who knows what I have been through and what I am going through. The Lord is kind and merciful that way. We are going to try invitro again this year.

Sabrina Rex said...

I hope it all gose well and your recovery dose not last long. You will be such a great mother. My prayers are with you.

jessica rabbit said...

Hey Rach...

I wasn't sure how else to get a hold of you...but me, Jamie and Mindy are going out in a few weeks and wanted to know if you wanted to join us. Email me! jdb3177@msn.com

love jess