Wednesday, May 2, 2012

1-3 WEEKS

The first 3 weeks have been amazing! He is such a good little baby and Austin and I cannot get enough of him. He is so sweet and I know we are spoiling him because we rarely put him down. I now know what people mean when they say newborns are hard work. The first week was a breeze, but then the fatigue and the sleep deprivation really set in. We had a couple of sleepless nights in the second week, which made it really hard, but other than that, he's been a really good sleeper. There is nothing in my entire life that I have ever done that has been as significant as this. I feel the most tender love for him and I can't imagine missing one minute of his life. Austin and I will literally just sit and stare at him, in between kissing him that is. At his 2 week appointment he weighed 4 lbs and 15 oz!!! That's up from 4 lbs and 8 oz at his 4 day old appointment. Now at 3 1/2 weeks, I can tell he's gained even more weight and I can't wait to see how much. He has gotten great use out of all his newborn clothes and we've gone through almost all of the newborn diapers that were given to us at baby showers. I have really loved having this prolonged tiny newborn stage.

At 1 week old we did a newborn photo shoot of course. I love all the pictures, but here are some of my favorites...
























1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

I love that you're a mom! And you're such a natural. He is so adorable and you are gorgeous!!