Friday, March 1, 2013

Conforming...


When I was younger, I was the girl who was never going to conform. I wanted to be and would be a career woman. An education and a career were at the forefront of my mind and having a family would just work itself in there somewhere. I was the girl who wanted to work when I had kids…no need to lose my identity right? I set high goals with career, money and lifestyle in mind. I wanted to accomplish something and feel that boost when I told people what I did for a living. I was that girl. I would not conform. I would never be “just a mom”.

NOW, all I want is to conform. I want nothing more than to be a stay at home mom. I never knew how much I wanted it until I almost couldn’t have it. Having a child has been and will always be, no matter what, my biggest accomplishment. If I can raise a good, polite, hard-working child, then there is nothing in this world, or that this world has to offer, that can out-do that. I want to downsize, I want to simplify, I want nothing more than to say I’m “just a mom”. We are working hard to make that happen. It may take some time, but I know that it will happen. I NEVER thought I would feel this way, but then, I had never had a child before. Life has been good to me, and I’ve always said that it just keeps getting better. Now that I have a child, it is truer than ever. I have an all consuming, unconditional love and joy in my life. Sometimes I think I might burst at the seams I have so much love. I’m so grateful for the opportunity and blessing of being a mother. I can’t even express in words how grateful I am to have gotten this opportunity.
lounging in our jammies

3 comments:

TomLiz said...

You are sooo amazing and always have been. Love you and your family.

Amanda&Wade said...

I love that post! It's true. I always wanted to be a mom though over a career woman. BUT I never knew how much I wanted it until I had kids. Now I know, there really is nothing more rewarding. You are awesome, I have always looked up to you and your hard working, goal oriented self. Love you!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad we ran into you guys tonight! I love your blog, it's so cute! You have such a beautiful family. Lets get together more often! Also, whats your email so I can send you an invite to my blog?